Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hokum

 
Story time with Papa






Emma's first time getting to sample the mixing beater

Papa's Happy Birthday cake!

Clapping hands after singing our song and blowing out the candle



 
Tonight we celebrated Papa's 30th birthday.  It is actually tomorrow, but he works all day and then is on call tomorrow night as well.  We're hoping to share lunch with him tomorrow but there's a good chance we won't see him for dinner, so we celebrated tonight.  Emma and I made a chocolate cake with whipped frosting all from scratch.  Yummy! Emma got to lick the mixing beater.  This is usually Papa's job, but he was willing to share his treat with our sweet girl.  She loved it!
 
Emma has been reading and walking so much lately.  She prefers to occupy her time reading her books now instead of playing with toys.  She may play for a little while, but then she goes back to looking at books.  It's adorable watching her walk everywhere as well.  What a big girl!
 
Today we went for a walk and playtime at a new park.  They have an amazing playground, especially for older children.  Emma will love it in another year or so.  Afterwards we met our friends Leah and her daughter Mia for storytime at the local bookstore.  It was fun! Our day simply flew by.
 
Tomorrow morning Papa gets his gift that we've been working on.  Thank you to everyone for your help!  Photos will be posted once he gets it tomorrow morning (I'm mean and making him wait until his actual birthday for his present).  Although... in all honesty, I did ask him if he wanted it tonight and he said he'd wait.  What a good guy.  If you ask me if I want a present I say, "YES!!!"  I have a lack of restraint...
 
Also- I forgot to mention that when the Witte's were here Gabby and I tried some hokum to figure out if the baby is a boy or a girl.  I think the baby is a girl.  Zack won't guess.  Mom thinks a boy. We will see!  Our tests were all inconclusive and all involved swinging my wedding ring over my tummy and hand.  Nothing worked.  Sigh... Any guesses, anyone?  Elise said it only works if you have an Indian doing the test.  India Indian?  Or Native American Indian?  She wasn't sure.  Who knew hokum was such a complicated business?

No comments:

Post a Comment