Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mama's Solo Outing





Yesterday was my first day leaving Emma alone.  I left in the morning to go and get my hair done for the first time since Emma's birth and it felt wonderful!  I got a little trim and brightened up my highlights again.  I also had time to go to the grocery and Hobby Lobby.  It felt so weird not having her with me, as she's my constant companion.  I got home and she was happily sound asleep in her Papa's arms.  I got up in the middle of the night to pump milk for her, but she was so sleepy (from her shots the day before, maybe?) that she didn't even need them.  I was proud of all of us, Papa for being alone with her for the first time and me being without her for the first time.  It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it was to me.

Today during her nap Zack and I finally got our garage organized and cleared out enough that he will soon be able to park in there.  The only obstacle now is getting someone to come to the house to repair the "sticky" door.  It sounds like a monster is eating the garage door every time we open it.  Hopefully the repair man can fix it for us without charging us a fortune.

I truly think our sweet angel is trying to cut some teeth.  Now I know this comes and goes, but hopefully something will change to help her feel better soon.  I gave her some Tylenol tonight... I don't like giving her medicine, but as my Mom says, I'm a better Mama for giving her something to help with the pain than just watching her hurt when I know there's something that can help.  Hopefully the medicine (which I tried- HOLY sweet sugary syrup!) will help her feel better and sleep well tonight.  She's been gesturing up to her ear frequently (not grabbing or rubbing, just patting up there) but the doctor said it looked clear and great.  She's also a bit fussier and my sweet slobber-box likes to chew on her little fingers.  She doesn't suck on them- just chews.  She's also giving me a tough time nursing... stop and start. Stop and start.  Hop on and stay there, little lady!  We need to plump up those rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment