As terrible and rotten as yesterday was, today was as blissful and perfect as any Mama could ask for. It's like I have a little Dr. Emma and Miss Hyde. She woke early again today (but I really don't mind) and truly woke up "on the other side of the bed". Yesterday was really rough. Every single second of today was utter bliss. True and complete bliss. The only fussy time we had was normal fuss- before she gets sleepy or right before she's ready to eat. Normal. She was happy and content today. We read a LOT (halfway through Charlotte's web already- she's really liking it!), we spent time outside, we had tummy time, bath time, kickin' keyboard time, and she took a long nap. We did a scavenger hunt in the yard and played all over the house. Her long nap gave me time to prepare a new recipe for dinner, do a workout, get laundry done, eat lunch (while it was still hot- what a novelty!) and take a long shower. Whew! What a complete difference from yesterday. It's not about what I do or what I get done in the day. The big thing for me was that she was happy today. I am so wrapped up in wanting her to be happy and healthy. I could give two hoots what I get done if she's doing well and feels good. But when she's not doing well (as evidenced by the screaming and scratching of yesterday) it makes me ache for her.
Her newest trick is that she has begun to really grab onto things. She doesn't yet realize that she is in control of the things she's grabbing, but she likes to grab her toys that dangle and hold them in front of her face and study them. It makes me happy to see her excited about new toys and to try to figure them out. She held onto a rattle for the first time today and shook it, although she didn't really react to it. It'll be neat when she realizes SHE'S the one who's doing all of these cool things.
I love being a Mama, even on rough days. But I must admit that these nice days are a true treasure. I'm glad today was a good day. Nay, a GREAT day. It was such a treat to see her smiling and giggling again. I relish her happiness and would do anything in the world to help her live a loving, happy life. Hopefully Dr. Emma is there for us again tomorrow. What a treat that would be!
No comments:
Post a Comment