If you look closely you can see tooth #5! (Pre-Puke photo, BTW... )
I didn't have the heart to make her stop playing to take a photo.
Her Easter shoes.
Happy Easter!
It is a gorgeous spring day here in Kentucky. Warm, sunny, flowers blooming... it's perfect! Zack went to work early this morning and will be gone all day. We'll share an Easter dinner together when he gets home tonight. This morning Emma and I tried another church- this one was great! We'll go back again next Sunday. Hopefully we've found a church home finally. Emma wore her new Easter dress from Mamaw Paula and Papaw Steve. She was beautiful!
When we got back from church Emma ate her breakfast and we sat down for storytime and then naptime. Poor Emma got a cough (I think she was choking on some drainage) and coughed so hard she vomited up her breakfast. Poor baby! Unfortunately for me, it's warm now so I was wearing a tank top. Instead of taking off my pukey hoodie and being clean again, I had greek yogurt/apple/blueberry oatmeal/milk puke all over- down my arms, down and into my shirt, all over my chest. The best part? It was even in my hair. Yummy... You know you're a mama when you get vomit alllllll over and don't care one bit. All I could think of was, "Poor baby!!!" and cleaned her up as fast as I could. She was happy as a clam through it all and went to sleep beautifully afterwards, but continues to cough and choke up a bit during her nap. Again, poor baby!
We enjoyed the beautiful weather this afternoon. We played outside for quite a while, reading and relaxing under a tree on our blanket. Emma had some toys and I read to her while she played and snacked. There are leaves on one of our trees already so it provides us with some nice shade. We also went next door to play with our friends, Jess and Case, and their new water table toy. Emma loved splashing in the water! Afterwards we visited with Jenny across the street and John and Gina as well. It was a busy afternoon! When papa got home we did an Easter book hunt- since she's too young to enjoy Easter eggs and candy. Well... I'm too mean to get her hopped up on candy (pun fully intended).
My sweet little girl had a great day, even with the puke. She impressed me with her social skills and happiness, especially with only taking one nap today! My little girl is growing up so fast.
My sweet little girl had a great day, even with the puke. She impressed me with her social skills and happiness, especially with only taking one nap today! My little girl is growing up so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment