Friday, March 7, 2014

Up and at 'Em

They always have ball time during storytime.  This week Emma was able to crawl to her ball to play (or bite) with it!

Emma got excited to watch the other kids stomp on the bubbles.  She crawled right off her blanket to get a closer look.



At almost 9 months old Emma finally found out that she has feet.


Her little feet are finally big enough that with socks she can wear her Uggs.

I can French braid my own hair now.


Thank you, Uncle CJ and Xander for the fun ball toy!


 
We have had a busy week.  Most days we have been able to take Papa lunch and see him for a few short minutes while he eats and then goes back to work.  It's always a treat for us, especially since some nights Emma is already asleep when he comes home from work. 
 
Emma has changed so much in the last two weeks.  She has toyed around with moving by rolling or scooting to where she wants to go.  Now she can crawl all over the place.  Yesterday and today she has been hopping up onto her hands and knees but then after a few crawls will go back to her belly and army crawl.  She's a speedy little thing! Storytime is new now, since she knows she can crawl to catch a bubble or capture a ball.  It is so much fun! She's really up and at 'em now!
 
After 28 years of my mom french braiding my hair (and telling me I couldn't do it myself because my hair is so flyaway and tangly) I FINALLY figured out how to do it myself.  I loveeeeeeee having my hair braided and especially now that Emma likes to grab hair when it dangles invitingly at her during playtime having braids is convenient and cute as well.    Yesterday when I finally got the hang of it I felt so good.  It felt wonderful to learn something new and master it.  It reminded me that I am NOT a bad mama for making Emma work and struggle a little bit for things.  Having things done for you is really nice.  But learning to do them yourself and mastering the skill feels great and is even BETTER.  Her life is full of those opportunities right now.  How exciting!
 
This weekend is a busy one with parties both days.  I'll make sure to take photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment