Thursday, November 21, 2013

Smoothie Suckers


 
 
 
I LOVE the top photo... it's like she's saying, "Excuse me, but MORE sweet potato, LESS photos! I mean BUSINESS!" Plus... who doesn't love looking at all of those rolls and that sweet tummy?
 
We worked hard today to try and find something I can bring home for Thanksgiving dinner that was able to travel well.  It's not an easy task!  I'm used to taking three items (deviled eggs, pie, and polish mistakes) to every holiday and now I am seriously restricted in what I can bring unless I plan to grocery shop and cook once I arrive (NOT happening!).  So.... hopefully everyone is in the mood for puppy chow.  It's better than arriving empty handed, right?
 
Today we went to storytime at the library, to take Papa a sandwich at work, and then to the mall to do some Christmas shopping.  We ended up leaving with some gifts, lots of clothes for Emma (CUTE!), and a couple of free items for me.  What fun! They have a nursing room in the mall, which made us able to stay longer.  Smart for them- I spent more money because of it!  I didn't, however, spend any money on a smoothie I wanted.  I stood there with Emma (post nursing so I was parched) and both young girls looked at me and then kept talking to the boys that were there (who were NOT ordering a smoothie, I might add).  Never once did they say they'd be there to help me or to wait and I'd be helped.  I was ignored.  They didn't get my business.  And I went thirsty.... and saved $3.50 on a smoothie that probably would've sucked anyways.  Smart idea to hire pretty girls that don't look like trash.  BAD idea to hire girls who don't sell smoothies. Big giant stinking smoothie suckers. The worst part?  They don't care they didn't get me a smoothie but I'm STILL craving one. Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment