Friday, April 17, 2015

Toilet Topple


Gwen kind of gets a stink face when Emma pats her.  Too cute. 

Emma is such a sweet, loving big sister.  She is constantly giving her hugs and kisses.  I am so thankful that she loves her so much already.  


Emma likes to hold Gwen's hand when we are out in the stroller.  It looks so uncomfortable to reach up like that from her little seat but she does it anyway just to feel Gwen.  Such sweet love...

I had quite a Tuesday this week.  I was recovering from a bout of mastitis (no fun!) and was on my first day after antibiotics so I was feeling a little better, but still sore, achey, and tired.  We were working hard to get together to go to storytime at the library and Emma needed to go poop.  We were sitting on the potty and Emma was trying to rip off a bow from her pants with her teeth.  I kept telling her no and trying to stop her and finally just had to lay my hand over the bow so she wouldn't bite rip at it.  She tried to bite ME then, of course, so I yanked my hand out from her bite and she tumbled off of the potty.  I was simultaneously nursing Gwen and wasn't able to catch her with my one free arm so she ended up with a big ol bruise on her forehead.  You can see it here above her left (our right) eye at her hairline.  Sigh... I cried.  A lot.  I felt terrible!



But even after the traumatic fall off the potty we still went to the library.  Emma had a wonderful time and her bangs covered up the bruise, thank goodness.



This weekend the Witte family came to visit us!  We had a delightful time and filled every iota of our time with action and more action!  They got to meet Gwen for the first time and we got to see growing Aria.  Zack had to work a 24 hour shift but we were able to take him lunch at the hospital and eat with him.  It was a delightful time.

Just look at that hair! Gorgeous!
 

Zack got to show his mom and the girls some photos of the work he's done for people.  Some of it was pretty gruesome but they enjoyed seeing his skills, nonetheless.
 

With the beautiful weather we have had here we've been taking advantage of going to the park every opportunity we get!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment