Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Playground Killjoy


Emma ate her first lunch at the park today. We have eaten outside before but this was her first time enjoying a meal in a picnic setting with friends outside instead of just us and Papa. 
Playgroup finally resumed for us today. It was at a park nearby and Emma loved it!  She woke very early this morning so we got to the park and played/ate for two hours. She was having a ton of fun but I was the killjoy of the century and made her leave before she was ready because I knew she needed a nap. I felt like the worst mama ever as we are leaving and she is tugging against my hand and crying. I felt awful; but sure enough as soon and we got home she fell asleep right away. The saying goes that you must be a parent first and friend second. Let me just say, parenting sucks sometimes when you both want to have fun but know better. Had we stayed and skipped her nap what would have happened? Well, she gets sloppy when she's sleepy, so her affinity to get into scrapes at the park was going up. She would've been a grump the rest of the night and who knows what else (she's never entirely skipped a nap before). Could we have stayed? Yes. Was it the best choice? Well, that depends on who you ask. I was having fun too. Maybe next time we will be irresponsible and stay. But this time responsible mama won out. And we shall hopefully have a fun and happy evening ahead!
In the mornings Emma loves to help me get Gwen. She likes to pull down the bumper and pat her arms and head. I think Gwen likes the extra love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment