Thursday, March 19, 2015

Frankenmama









 
 
Another wonderful few days have flown by.  We have been able to make it to the library for story time both Monday and Tuesday as well as other errands as we're able.  Today I had a doctor's appointment to have my incision checked and everything is healing well so far.  For a week and a half into recovery things are looking good to heal early (and to be able to pick up my sweet Emma early!).  It still creeps me out to see the giant cut across my belly, but I don't mind it being there at all, knowing that the reason it's there is so I can hold a healthy little Gwen.  I don't mind looking like Frankenstein- I just don't like FEELING like Frankenstein.  Frankenmama... yeesh.  At least the stitches are internal.  I still feel like a poochy plump pickle but at least things are healing the way they should.  Summer is just around the corner (which means lots of walks to the park).  I feel so blessed to have two beautiful little girls to call my own. 
 
I almost shouldn't say anything for fear of jinxing it- but Gwen has been essentially sleeping through the night the past two nights.  I'll feed her and then she'll sleep for about 6 hours in her crib.  WHAAAAAAAAT?!  I know- what a lucky mama!  She's gaining weight beautifully.  She was already back to birthweight at 3 days old and at seven days old she had gained an additional 5.5 ounces.  As of Monday she was 7 lbs 10.5 oz.  What a good girl!  Emma is now 27lbs.  Wasn't it yesterday that I was just monitoring her weight gain too?  Time flies by...

No comments:

Post a Comment