Monday, September 9, 2013

Trash Can Thievery







 
 
Another dress up day commenced for Miss Emma Kate.  We were getting ready to go to the grocery when she decided to cheese her little green jumper.  Determined to enjoy the outfit, I took photos of her little cheesy behind anyways.  We then switched to wearing a pink ruffled dress, which caused our shopping trip to take double the time, as people would stop to coo over her.  She'll probably hate me later for saying it- but isn't her stink face the cutest thing ever?  She has an awesome Elvis lip!  Once we got home I decided to play around with a tutu for a little while.  Life is better in pink and ruffles, right?
 
This morning Emma decided to wake up bright and early.  She's been waking up anywhere from 7:15-7:45.  Today she woke at a chipper 5:30.  It was a nice way to start the day, as she's at her friendliest and happiest in the mornings.  I love waking up and being able to go in and snuggle her!  As such, our early rising allowed me to hear our trash being collected outside.  I know it came because I could hear it, but lo and behold when I went outside to return the can to the house it was missing.  No trace of the trash can.  The recycling can and yard waste cans were still there.  But no trash can.  Looks like someone has a trash can fetish.  There's nothing like calling the city first thing on a Monday morning to report, er, a stolen trash can.  They're actually called a "Herbie" here and the recycling bins are called a "Rosie."  Poor Herbie... out there all alone! In Wisconsin the thieves stole apparel and electronics from us; looks like the thieves in Lexington are a much more practical lot and I'm thankful for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment