Friday, September 27, 2013
Creepy Crawlie
Another lovely week has come and gone for us here in Lexington. It was a busy week, but full of little things. Just the daily coming and going has kept us busy and entertained. We still enjoy a morning 3.5 mile walk and have lots of snuggle time each day. We're still trying to find a church home and will try yet another church this Sunday. Wish us luck!
Emma wore her camo dress to deliver a meal to a friend this Wednesday. She is actually still awaiting her baby, who was due a week and a half ago. Whew! We delivered a meal that could easily be frozen in case they wanted to save it for once the little one arrives. They have a gluten sensitivity, so we took them taco soup and Aunt Abby's gluten free peanut butter cookies. Yum!
Unfortunately, I was doing some chores last night and had to muffle a scream. I found a very unwelcome guest in the house- a spidery looking millipede. It would have been pretty had it been outside, but being inside my home I was rather unhappy about it. The scream didn't come from the millipede itself but from it's ability to magically come to life after being squished. I killed the little bugger (spiders I can catch and release outside... speedy millipedes have to be squished) and then when I took a tissue to pick it up it sprang to life, I dropped it and it ran under the dresser (which was where the muffled scream came from). The worst part? I never caught him again so I've had the creepy crawlies ever since. Eeeeeewwwww...
Have I mentioned lately that I love being Emma's mama?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment