Friday, May 1, 2015

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That





I think Emma likes this toy so much because it's general size and stature bear resemblance (no pun intended) to her mama. 

Emma kept looking out of the play area and then I saw what was catching her eye. 

A hovercraft drone type thingy was the object of her attention. It was pretty neat, I'll agree!

The lilacs are in bloom outside my home. The smell is delightful and brings a touch of peace to my heart. I'm thankful God made lilacs smell so nice. They could smell like poopy and every time I walk outside it could stink. Pew pew!  I may have a toddler who rolls her eyes at me, gives me the stink eye, challenges my every request, and has the most tenacious diaper rash ever, a stupid puppy that needs to find a new home (free puppy to anyone who's looking-I'll even make you cookies for the way home!), a sweet baby with hip dysplasia, a foot long incision that's swollen and ugly on my abdomen, a lack of gentle parenting ideas to help my little one listen and behave, and too few minutes to the day, but when I smell those lilacs it gives me a minutes peace and a reminder that God is looking out for us. If He has time to make flowers smell so nice he certainly has time to help me be a better mama and to help Gwen with her hips. Angus, however, is a lost cause.  Ain't nobody got time for that. 

The worrying never ends for me. Too hot? Too cold? Eating enough? Sleeping enough? Worry worry.  It's just because I care so much. I changed Gwen's dipe for her and she slept through the whole thing. Even when I tried to nurse her and milk is spraying her in the face she still sleeps. My mom would say to leave her alone and stop trying to plump her up. I'm now enjoying a peaceful snuggle with her knowing that she's dry, full (she must be since she didn't want to eat) and happy. 


**waking up** "Whoaaaaaa. Where am I?"

"Who cares?! I'm hungry and want held!!" The cry stopped as soon as I picked her up. :). She drank milk while Emma played at the playground. Happy girls!

Not to make this about me, but it must be said that my insides feel like how Gwen looks in the last photo. We have an appointment with the pediatric orthopedist next Wednesday. I will let you all know how it goes. It's a great, immense, outstanding blessing to have Zack. This is what he does. Gwen will always have Papa there to check her out if her hips start to hurt. For now we just have to follow the protocols and get a game plan together. It just seems so weird to me to go to a doctor when Zack IS a doctor who specifically does this. But- I must follow the rules. And as far as I am concerned the more people taking care of Gwen the better. Gwen is blessed with MANY doctors to care for her. And one dedicated and devoted mama to help her along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment