Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Back in Business


















Emma loves patting Gwen in my tummy.



















 
 
This weekend was wonderful!  MawMaw came into town for a visit and we loved having her here.  Thursday night we were able to have fun with Emma in the tub.  MawMaw brought her some glow sticks to play with so when we turned off the lights there were lots of bright colors for her to play with.  She also had a bubble machine to play with another night.  Awesome!
 
Friday night Zack and I were able to re-do our disastrous date night from last month.  It actually worked this time!  We went out to dinner as a family, and then Zack and I went to the movies and out for drinks afterwards.  (There's nothing like asking the waitress what kinds of fruit juices they have and then requesting an odd concoction.  It's fun for me at least, that way I feel like I'm having a cocktail!) No tears!  THIS was a success!
 
Mom and I took Emma on Saturday to get pedicures (Thank you, Abby and Myra, for the gift certificate!) and it was divine.  It felt so nice to sit down and relax and have someone do my toes (especially since it's hard to reach them now).  The ladies afterwards were amused at me though because it was cold and snowing and I was creeping through the slush in flip flops to get to the car afterwards (so that I could pull it up for Mom and Emma so they didn't have to walk through the slush and in the snow).  It was worth it- I kept nice toes!
 
This week everything was able to resume.  Last week the library was closed (no storytime) and even dance class was cancelled due to the weather.  This week we got back to business and have enjoyed the library and even hosted a playgroup at our home today.  It's been fun!
 
Gwen's due date is a mere 2.5 weeks away.  Whew.  Time is going by so quickly! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment