Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Emma pulled every book off of the left side so that she could crawl into the bookshelf.  Silly, silly...








Spa day in a jar. Cute!



Who needs a smart phone?  These mamas rock it old school.



Getting two 18 month olds to sit for a photo... hilarious.



 Wha chu lookin at?

Happy Girl!

 
Has Thanksgiving really already been here and gone?  I feel like we JUST celebrated Thanksgiving last year.  Time goes by way too quickly. 
 
Emma did awesome on the drives.  Traveling in the middle of the day (during her naptime) has been working the best for all of us.  Traffic isn't as awful as it is during rush hour and she gets at least a couple hours of the long trip spent napping.  We also can drive straight through without stopping for a meal, which saves a lot of time and mess.  Win!
 
Although we were only able to attend half of our Thanksgiving feasts, we were able to make it to one for each family, which was nice.  We also had a Thanksgiving luncheon with our friends here on Thanksgiving day and had a great time.  Terrah was our hostess this year and her poor husband was on backup call, came home, walked in the door and had to turn right back around because he got called back to the hospital.  Sigh...
 
Thanksgiving rant:  What consumer decided that it was ok to begin Black FRIDAY shopping on Thursday?  It used to begin early- say, 5am.  Then it switched to midnight.  I was fine with that- it gave you the option to simply stay up late instead of waking really early.  But beginning shopping at 5pm on THANKSGIVING is awful. Truly.  It's Thanksgiving.  The majority of us in America have issues with overzealous consumerism.  We know this.  We're weak.  Clearly.  Stores wouldn't have their sales on Thanksgiving night at 5pm (which is when families should be sharing a meal together!) unless people would come.  And I'm assuming they did, although I did not partake in the festivities both because I refuse to support the idea of it and also because I refuse to give up my family time to go shopping for a semi-good deal.  Emma and I went out this morning to do some shopping and got some great deals without the fuss, crowds, or by giving up on family time (Zack was hunting).  Hear me out, major retailers:  Don't weaken those who can't resist a good deal further.  Everyone should be able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner.  You'll have plenty of opportunity to make us spend money we don't have on things we don't need at midnight or after.

No comments:

Post a Comment