Thursday, May 15, 2014

Last Week 'Stache Week


The Fu Manchu... yucky.
 
The 'Stache

Even Emma tries to cover up the nasty mustache!


Oh yes he did! Zack's been rocking the mustache for a few days now.  The Fu Manchu was a one day event... luckily.  I like Zack with a beard so it's been weird seeing him (mostly) shaven.  At least he's having fun with "Last Week 'Stache Week" (his last week this month for night float at the hospital).

BIG NEWS!  Zack passed his board exam!  We got the results back amazingly early and he passed!  Whew!! His highest scores were in musculoskeletal and his lowest were in behavioral/emotional (no surprise there).  We are pumped!
Emma's invitations for her birthday are out in the mail.  I realized after mailing them that there is no where on the invitation that has any of our names.  Nothing.  My phone number is on there for RSVP but it doesn't say any part of any of our names.  Whoops!  Hopefully people can see the address and put two and two together. 

So I had a conflict with myself last night about Emma's napping arrangements.  She always gets rocked to sleep and then we put her down in her crib and she naps alone.  The only time we don't rock her is if we are driving or if she is already crying and won't stop with our soothing.  At that point I try to calm her and if it doesn't work I put her in her crib and let her cry it out on her own.  Yesterday I was trying to figure out if I should start making her go to sleep in her crib on her own.  Three phone calls for opinions later and one night of sleep and I decided that at this point in time, with no other children, I am going to keep rocking her.  It's the only time of the day that I get to sit down myself since I'm working on other things when she naps.  I love snuggling her and know that someday she won't want to snuggle anymore.  Or- she'll get too big and I won't be able to lift her into the crib.  Either way, I'm enjoying myself now and so is she so we're sticking with it.  Having said that, yesterday and today I made her cry herself to sleep for her afternoon nap (yesterday she cried for 45 minutes and then I went in to get her) today she cried for 10.  I rocked her and read to her for a long time, got her asleep and then she'd wake when I went to put her in her crib both days.  So I guess I'm doing a bit of both.  Rocking her until she's asleep (and then some more until I get my snuggles in), and then putting her to bed (whether or not she wakes at that point is her cup to tea).  I'm so lucky to be home with her.  I want to relish every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment