Saturday, January 11, 2014

A 1% Kind of Day



 

I know I'm biased, of course, but I don't think there is a single person who could look at these photos I took today and say she isn't just the sweetest little girl! Ahhhhh ha ha!  She has you FOOLED!  Adorable? Yes.  Cuter than a daisy in summer?  Indeed. Sweet? NOOOOOOOO!!!  My adorable bundle is a monster in disguise.  Just yesterday I was working in the house and thanking God for my blessings.  Even with the losses and struggles we may have I truly feel so blessed.  Yesterday I was in awe of how perfect life is and how I hit the jackpot with my baby girl.  How she truly is awesome and I'm spoiled rotten with how good she is.  Mu hah hah! She heard me.  Today has been a toughie.  I was AMAZED at the smiles I got for these photos because almost all day she has been screaming at me.  Not crying.  Nay- cries are for the faint of heart.  These are SCREAMS.  Ear piercing, headache inducing, regretfully-tear inducing for me- screams.  They've rattled my brain.  I regret to say that it's been a teeter-totter today between feeling dreadfully sorry for her (because I don't know what's wrong other than she's just a beast) and fed up with her for screaming!  Legs kicking, booty bucking, arms flailing, nails scratching screaming.  And of course... the harder she cries the more she coughs, the more she coughs the more it hurts, the more it hurts the more she cries.  I think you get the picture.  Now the coughs are not new.  The snot is not new.  The diarrhea from the antibiotic is not new.  NOTHING IS NEW!  Except for my little monster. 

But ahhhhhh.... have another look at that sweet girl.  She is adorable.  She is incredibly sweet 99% of the time.  But ohhhhhhhhh that other 1% makes for a real humdinger of a day.   But I still am singing my blessings.  I do love her- more than my puny human heart can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment