Friday, August 23, 2013

Not So Sleepy



 
 
 
My little sleepy head heard me talking about her excellent sleeping habits and decided to rise this morning at 3:45am.  Really, truly- not a problem if it weren't for the fact that she's been sleeping through the night until 5:45-6:15ish for weeks.  Where did this come from?  Hungry?  Maybe- she did eat, since I made her rising worth the time.  Startled awake?  Doubtful.  Angry because her arm was only halfway up her swaddle sack and she couldn't get it all the way out?  Possibly.  If only I could ask my sweetheart what the problem was... I put her back to bed after eating in just a fleece pajama sack (no swaddle) and she was soooooooo restless and noisy. She did, however, go back to sleep on her own after being wide awake.  I didn't want her to think that waking up again was fun time so I just put her down in her crib with bright eyes and she went to sleep again.  I know- I'm ridiculously lucky in the baby department! We decided to swaddle again tonight since it's worked so well since birth and we'll see how she sleeps tonight.  Hopefully it was a fluke last night and she has a peaceful sleep all night tonight. 
 
 
Today she had just one nap.  One.  Again- not so sleepy.  But she was a happy, happy girl and had fun playing outside with me, cleaning the house for our company that's coming, snuggling, and playing on her new playmat (thank you, Grandma Paula and Grandpa Steve!).  The middle photo makes me giggle.  It's almost like she's looking at me going, "What are these tickly whiskers doing on my cheeks?!"  She now smiles frequently when you kiss her cheeks.  Tonight when I put her to bed she was asleep in my arms and I kissed her cheek goodnight and she smiled a big gummy smile. She really knows how to melt her mama's heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment