Friday, August 9, 2013

10 pounds 4 ounces


Ahhhh- what a day.  This was my sweet girl after our trip to the doctor for her two month visit.  So peaceful, right? We switched to a new physician, Dr. Christopher Boarman, at UK and I LOVED him!  I'm thrilled to find a good match for Emma and I.  Papa was able to come to her appointment today to help us along with her first big set of shots.  It worked out well because her appointment was during a break for him.  I think I needed him there more than Emma did! He held her during her shots because I'm a big chicken and hate seeing her in pain. 

Our little girl isn't so little anymore!  Born at 5lbs 7oz, she now weighs 10lbs 4oz!  She's exactly at the 50th percentile in each category (height, weight, head circumference).  Dr. Boarman said she's doing splendidly! Her cries after her first set of shots weren't any worse than what she gives me during one of her temper tantrums.  However, Dr. Boarman said most babies are fine afterwards but that we can give her some Tylenol if her legs get sore.  I wondered to myself, "How will I know if her legs are sore?" Well, unfortunately, I found out.  My poor sweetheart woke up SCREAMING.  That isn't like her at all and after a dipe change, nursing, and some snuggles, she went back to sleep and I flew to the store with her for some Tylenol (which she didn't like the taste of- I didn't think it was too bad).  There's nothing that can break a mama's heart faster than seeing her baby cry in pain and know you can't do anything to fix it other than give gentle hugs and kisses (and a boob).

But, alas, everyone promises me that this pain too shall pass.  She should feel better tomorrow.  WE should feel better tomorrow.  It's after 11pm and Zack's been at the hospital since 6:30am.  There's no sign of him coming home yet so I'm thankful we saw him for her appointment this morning.  Looks like another long day and late night for Dr. Witte.

No comments:

Post a Comment