Friday, July 19, 2013

6 Week Growth Spurt





Ahhhh... a growth spurt.  It sounds so lovely and so natural.  It's awful!  It should be known as the 6 week nasty that invaded my little girl and turned her into an unhappy, hungry, sleepless little bundle.  My sweet, sweet angel (as seen in the top three photos) was so sleepy last night.  We read through the Baby Wise book and attempted to begin it. Schedules, sleep, eat, play, sleep... Needless to say I spent my entire day trying to wake Miss Emma to feed her (per the book's scheduled instructions).  It didn't work.  I appreciate the premise, though.  Then- last night at 11:30 when it WAS time for bed she was AWAKE and ready to scream and feed every hour.  This lovely 6 week growth spurt has begun and Baby Wise has gone out the window.  After me getting only about 2 hours of sleep total in the last 36 hours due to Emma's inconsolability, I made the executive decision to spoil, hold, rock, and feed my baby as often as we needed to.  What did it result in?  Photo #4 (my view of Emma in my ring sling)- peaceful, sleeping bliss.  (No photos of sleepless me or unhappy Emma.  For anyone who's gone through this you know it's not a time for photos!) It may not help me get any sleep, but it does help me not to feel helpless as my baby girl cries.

All this goes to show that Mama knows best.  Goodbye Baby Wise.  If I want to hold her or feed her all day I can as long as we're both happy.  My only fault now is enjoying and loving my baby too much... and on my own schedule. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment