Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!


I've never been a fan of belly shots, but when there's a little girl with a tummy like that you have to smile.


 
The following are old photos I just got from Thanksgiving:
 





 
Now back to Christmas...
 














Emma decided to begin a New Year's workout routine by lifting Pop's weight.








 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
 
Where oh where did 2014 go?  I really can't believe that 2015 is already here... that Gwen will be joining us in just over two months... That my little girl turns two this year.  Sigh... Time is going by so quickly! 
 
We had a wonderful trip home to celebrate Christmas and the new year.  Zack was able to go hunting for a couple of days and endured some beautiful, crisp weather.  He says the chilly cold is great for hunting, which worked well for him since it was quite cold!  As usual, our trip flew by and hardly gave us enough time to visit.  We did, however, have time for one hugely embarrassing but highly amusing event at MawMaw's house. Picture this- Emma is working on potty training and we went to the potty after breakfast.  She got to run for a short while (less than a minute) without pants on while I got a few things around from the laundry room.  The next thing I know my mom is saying, "Ohhhhhhhhh no..."  so calmly.  And I ask her, "What? Did Emma pee?"  (Which happens... even after a potty break I guess she decides she has to go some more.)  But no... no it was not pee.  Emma pooped on the carpet.  Then, as I call her to me she steps backwards into it.  I sweep her up, take her to the potty and begin trying to wipe thick poop off of her while she is of course trying to grab her feet (therefore getting poop even more places).  There is poop everywhere.  Mom comes into the bathroom and I ask her to hold Emma's hands for me to keep poop from getting all over.  Mom begins laughing and I tell her to stop but she's laughing so hard that I laugh too... and then I pee.  A lot.  As in mom is laughing hysterically as am I and the harder we laugh the more I pee my pants (thank you, pregnancy and full post-breakfast bladder!).  We were a sight.  Emma on the potty smiling at us, mom and I BOTH peeing our pants (me worse, of course), and poop and pee everywhere.  What. A. Mess.  Funny.  But a mess.
 
This week we resume our dance classes and story times and playgroups.  FUN!  Emma always loves going out and about so this will be fun for us.  We begin going to the OB doctor every other week as well beginning this week, and then going to every week next month, so that will fill up our schedule as well. Busy busy!
 
Today Emma switched officially to her "big girl room".  She seems to be dealing with the switch well so far, which is a blessing.  I want this transition to be easy for her and she is handling it with grace.  What a good little girl!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment