Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mamarazzi Demotion

Ummm... yes.  I do believe this is Emma's first time flipping someone the bird.



Emma was having fun taking her temperature.




Our friends Martha and Shelby




"Papa, noooooooooo I don't want kisses!!!!!"


Thank you, MawMaw, for the ADORABLE outfit!!


Emma:  "Wheeeeeee!!" Mama:  "Eeeeeeeeeeek!"

By the end of our time at the picnic Emma's little face was swollen and her eyes and nose were constantly running.  We weren't sure if it was: A) allergies, since her nose ran right when we got there, or B) the chlorine from the pool or C) sunscreen in her eyes (which doesn't account for the runny nose).  We figured it was allergies, but everyone thought at the end of the picnic that she was sobbing because she was so swollen, red, snotty and teary.  Poor punkin!

Shelby just chillin on the swing.
 
I know... I'm a bad bad mama for not updating anything lately. So sorry... 

Emma had her 12 month checkup after her birthday and she has been demoted into the 25th percentile for length and weight but still has a 50th percentile noggin.  Her doctor was very happy with how she's doing and said that she's proportional and not to worry that she's dropped from the 50th to the 25th.  She's 18lbs 14oz and 28" long.  What a long way she's come in one year!

MawMaw came to visit last week to help us babysit during Zack's graduation.  We didn't get any photos together (again, I'm a bad mamarazzi lately! I am demoting myself from mamarazzi to... well.. sucky photo taking mama).  But she was indeed here!  We went garage saleing both Friday and Saturday and were able to find a few bargains, but nothing that rocked the boat.  We were able to find a few good decorations for Emma's next birthday (under the sea theme, for anyone who wants to come!).  MawMaw got a brand new pair of Crocs boots for $3.  Woo Hoo!

Friday night was Zack's ortho graduation for the outgoing 5th year residents.  It was at Keeneland and was fun.  It was nice to go out with just the two of us (the first time we've ever done it since Emma was born) and have some adult time.  The racetrack was gorgeous and the weather was beautiful (although we were inside a box for the dinner and graduation).  It was fun to get all dressed up.

Saturday was a picnic at one of the doctor's homes in Danville (about 45 minutes away from our house).  It was like diving into the south.  Lemonade and iced tea, swimming pool, hammocks, weeping willows and humidity that could make a sauna sweat. The doctor and his wife that were hosting were incredibly kind and had a gorgeous old southern home.  It was a good time!

Yesterday Zack watched Emma for me for about an hour while I went and exchanged my vacuum for a new one.  I was having trouble with my old one and luckily Bed Bath and Beyond was able to help me out so now I have a schnazzy new one to use.  I'll use it for the first time tomorrow (dirtball that I am only vacuums every other day).  I'm sure it'll be great!
Yesterday and today Emma and I delivered meals to ladies here who have had babies.  One of them was our girlfriend Terrah!  We also went to storytime this morning and will go back to the library tonight for a music class with a lady from Chicago who will apparently sing children's songs and the kids can sing and dance along with her.  Hopefully Emma has a good time.  Goodness knows she LOVES storytime! 

I am dropping off my old rickety rack shack of a car tonight at the repair shop to see why it's overheating on me.  Wish me luck... I smell big dollars being spent on the ol' lemon.  But I have to get it fixed so that I can sell it with a clear conscience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment