On the Fourth of July we went downtown for their festival. Emma and I made a bracelet at a children's tent that they had set up. After about 30 seconds of wearing it though I had to take it back because she pulled it apart and was eating the beads. At least it was fun while it lasted!

Gwen slept the entire time we were there.


We enjoyed a meal outside on one of the rare nights when it wasn't sweltering outside. Emma had a mouthful of food when I took the photo and I told Papa. He decided to match the pose and this was the hilarious result:









Emma now uses "bubble" in her repertoire of words. :)


Gwen has darker and thicker hair than Emma (I think we all remember the Friar Tuck 'do that she spotted until about 9 months old). Gwen looked like a Clark Kent in this photo with her little curl.

Just like there are two sides to every coin so there is to every photo as well! Here is proof of what my raw material is like before I get them to smile for mama.


I took Emma to see Llama Llama at the library. The llama llama series are among her very favorites and she was excited to see him!




...but not so excited to take a picture with him. I had to hold her for the photo which taught me a lesson. If you plan to get your child to take a photo, prepare to be in it as well and dress up a little bit. Gwen of course was sleeping through llama llama time.





Happy 4 month birthday, Gwen!

I loved these two photos!! It's like she's a southern belle clutching her pearls as she watches calamity occur and is going, "oh my my my..."



Emma keeps a close eye on mama and was mimicking me with my nursing pillow.


We were able to take papa dinner at work. It ended up that he fed Emma instead of himself first! What a sweet papa he is!


With all of the heavy rains we were able to get back outside to splash in puddles again. Fun!!












Emma is now sitting at the big table for meals in preparation for when Gwen needs the high chair. What a big girl!!

Update: I realize now I didn't explain why the title of the post was schnortles. Gwen and I have been fighting colds and the poor lassie has her first sick. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment