Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hospital Day

Look at those sleepy blue eyes...
 
Today Zack began a 24 hour shift and Emma and I went to visit him for both lunch and dinner today.  It was so nice to see him and know that he wasn't having to eat yucky hospital food.  Emma had fun running around a new place she hasn't been before and it was fun for me to see where Zack works.  Today was the first time since we have been here that I have gotten to see the inside of the hospital.  It was really nice inside, new and clean.  The offices for UK that we go to for our appointments (Emma's and my OB visits) are old and don't show well.  I was spoiled with Parkview North, I know that... and have been slightly nervous about going to UK.  I'm hoping the OB tour confirms for me that it's as nice as the parts I saw today (despite having double rooms- UGH!).  I just keep reminding myself how I felt when I went to the hospital to have Emma- I really didn't care where I was.  And I keep reminding myself that I did all of the work- so it doesn't matter who is there (or isn't- although I still miss Dr. Stroud!). 

Tomorrow we're going to start a trial run of potty training Emma.  We are going to stay home for the next three days and work hard to get her happy and comfortable with the potty.  The past three nights she has gone pee on the potty after her bath.  Tonight she didn't- but it was late from visiting Zack (past bedtime) and I didn't push it because she was tired and getting grumpy.  I want to keep the potty a happy place!  We'll have to see how this goes... wish her luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment